Marco Ruas is a Brazilian fighting legend! Not only has Marco Ruas competed at the highest level of Mixed Martial Arts in events such as the UFC™ and Pride™, but he's also famous for his dominance in Brazilian Vale Tudo competition, where the rules are minimal and include many techniques not permitted in Mixed Martial Arts, and the fights are conducted without gloves! To survive in Vale Tudo competition you not only have to be tough - but you also have to be skilled, and Marco Ruas is the real deal!
Learn the lethal techniques of the highly effective Ruas system. Marco Ruas shows the various techniques needed to be a first class competitor such as striking and takedowns, as well as foot, knee and ankle locks.
Marco will show you deadly Brazilian Vale Tudo techniques that you won't be shown elsewhere, such as various ways to use headbutts, knees to the head on the floor, devastating elbow strikes, and much much more!
Marco will also prepare you for combat with ring strategy, sweeps, throws, chokes, arm locks, leg locks and kicking and punching combinations. Also includes street fighting self defence techniques and a great heavy bag workout routine.
Get all fourteen volumes in this Instructional DVD Set!:
- Volume 1: Effective Vale Tudo Striking Techniques
- Volume 2: Closing the Distance & Take Downs
- Volume 3: The Guard & Attacking from the Guard Position
- Volume 4: Passing the Guard & Controlling your Opponent
- Volume 5: Foot, Knee & Ankle Locks
- Volume 6: Winning Ring Strategy
- Volume 7: Advanced Vale Tudo Submissions from the Guard
- Volume 8: Advanced Vale Tudo Sweeps & Throws from the Guard
- Volume 9: Advanced Vale Tudo Submissions from Side Mount
- Volume 10: Advanced Vale Tudo Takedowns from the Standing Position
- Volume 11: Advanced Vale Tudo Striking Combinations
- Volume 12: Advanced Vale Tudo Ground Striking Techniques
- Volume 13: Advanced Vale Tudo Street Fighting Techniques
- Volume 14: Advanced Vale Tudo Heavy Bag Workout Routine
Includes a fifteen minute interview with Marco Ruas who explains what it takes to be a fighter, what to do and feel when you fight, how to prepare mentally for your fights, and how to block your opponent out of your mind.
This personal viewpoint from a professional fighter of this calibre offers an extremely useful insight into the mindset of a world-class fighter.
What the press says:
Marco Ruas is a legend of Vale Tudo. To put it shortly, if you want to learn how to fight - be it for the ring or the streets - Marco Ruas is the man to learn from. The nature of his raw fighting style is borne out in the DVD, with specific instruction on delivering a variety of headbutts, grounded knee strikes to the head and other non-UFC approved techniques.
Additions here include slow motion replay and an opportunity at the end of certain techniques to practice them yourselves, alongside Ruas. A fantastic instructional series on raw combat situations.
This is an excellent series!
Fighting Spirit Magazine